Château Pédesclaux is situated in front of Mouton Rothschild and Pontet-Canet and was classified as a 5th Growth (5eme Cru Classe) in 1855. The estate was founded 45 years earlier in 1810 by Pierre-Urbain Pédesclaux who was a wine trader in the Bordeaux region who bought some plots following the Revolution from Mr Lacoste, the owner of Château Grand Puy in Pauillac and established the estate in 1810. The estate passed through several owners over the years and was most recently bought by Françoise and Jacky Lorenzetti in 2009. Over the next few years they purchased new parcels, almost doubling the property’s footprint from 26 to 50 hectares. The vineyards underwent significant work with soil studies and replanting, and in 2014, a thorough restructuring of the vineyard took place. Additional high-quality vineyards were bought from neighbouring Château Haut-Milon and from Château Béhèré and a state of the art, gravity-fed winery was built to respect the original quality of the grapes.