Domaine De La Ferte
Domaine de la Ferté, planted in Givry includes 6.25 acres of which 2.5 acres are "Premier Cru Servoisine".
La Ferté Abbey, established in 1113, was a well-known place of spirituality in Burgundy and was the first of the main daughter houses of the Cîteaux Abbey, the mother house of the Cistercian reform. The Abbey was dissolved in 1791 during the French Revolution. The only substantial survival of the premises is the 18th century abbot's house, now known as the Château de la Ferté, which was listed as a national heritage site in 1993. The Thenard family acquired the abbey in 1793 and is lucky to be an owner of a part of the vineyards of the abbey.
The Domaine is today run by the Devillard family who also run Domaine des Perdrix in Nuits-Saint-Georges, Domaine de la Garenne, in Mâconnais and Domaine Rolet, in Jura.